Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How the Day Sounds

I almost bought Greg Laswell's Vinyl LP this morning. It's expensive.

I'm growing moderately obsessed with vinyl. You should see my room.

The week is falling apart. My writers are having all of these emergencies/ needing to go out of town/ taking trips. Which leaves me... in newspaper confusion-land and a state of severe desperation. I love this job. But not that part of the job.

Only one boy that I went out with a few times, a very long time ago, ever complimented my work and said that he respected and appreciated it. My first boyfriend didn't even care that much. Is my job intimidating, thereby making me intimidating? Is it that I'm with the big, bad media? That I make enough money to support myself and enough to shop at Banana Republic (the sale rack, naturally)? Is it bad that I had a bachelor's by 22 and I'm in the process of a Master's? Is that scary? Scary that education is a major priority and I want to do more?

I don't get it.

It makes me sad.

3 comments:

  1. someday there will come a boy who isn't intimidated by you. and he'll love you to pieces and apppreciate every bit of your great, witty humor.

    i wait for that day both for you and for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or we'll just be smart and intimidating together forever. I'd be okay with that. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owned my own home by 23, and traveled the world, 10 countries in 10 years, although I don't have as high degree work done (yet) as you, as that’s still a work in progress, I was told I was intimidating too... it took the right one to see that my accomplishments were a benefit to him, to who I had become. :) There will be a smart intelligent man, who will love you for you! No need to apologize for gifts God has given you.

    ReplyDelete