Thursday, November 19, 2009

24

I've spent a week in the land of "24." And sadly, Keifer Sutherland hasn't been here to join me.

Regardless, it's been a touch less wretched then I first thought it was going to be.

To start, my birthday coincided with my one year anniversary of work. Last year, I asked Jesus to give me a job for my birthday. And he sure did. What a year it's been.

Maybe that's the reasons we, be we I mean I, hate milestones so much. Maybe I don't like what the last year represents. Maybe I don't like the memories that accompanied 23. Granted, 23 was much less horrible than the preceding years, but the bitter parts were like drinking peroxide.

I think I'm a born pessimist, so it's a little difficult for me to see the happy factors of the last year, although those were prevalent as well.

But back to birthday weekend... last weekend. Pretty much celebrated the entire time. I took most of Friday off- it was Friday the 13th (my golden birthday was also Friday the 13th. weird), bought a pair of black jeans and had dinner with my family. It was quiet and simple and oddly enjoyable. I didn't feel alone.

Then Saturday, I slept crazy late, watched TV and then went out in a furious snow storm with friends for dinner and drinks. And I had plenty to drink. Ahem. Plenty plenty plenty. I didn't quite make it to church the next day. Uugh. Hangovers might be the worst feeling on the planet. No thank you. I don't plan to do that...oh... EVER AGAIN. I actually woke up Sunday morning and wondered why the top of my forehead, right by my hairline, hurt so badly. My roommate said I'd hit my head on the toilet while I was puking. Honestly, I think that's pretty funny.

I could really go for an Italian Cream Soda right now. That sounds divine. Hmmm...

I have (confession) bought coffee every day this week. I deserve a fat slap in the face for that one. I need to buy Christmas gifts for my family and my close friends. God only knows how that's gonna happen considering my present financial situation. Oh well.

My dad's still healing from the collarbone/ rib/ punctured lung incident. The whole thing just sucks.



I didn't think 24 would look like this. I didn't think 24 would be Colorado Springs, or living in the same town as my parents or passing by my high school every day. I didn't think my dad would be working part time because he got in such a severe accident. Didn't think I'd be so close to my sisters- not that I'm complaining. I thought 24 would be marriage, 2 compact cars, a cat, an apartment and a big city. I thought a lot of things about 24.


No comments:

Post a Comment