Monday, February 22, 2010

Yellow Tights

I have not posted anything of consequence lately. A couple posts about drinking. That's absurd.

Perhaps I shall share a story: About a week ago, Rachel and I decided it would be a good idea to make scones. I learned a few things.

A. Two people cooking in a small kitchen is difficult, but not impossible.
B. When Rachel's dog farts I have a desire to ralph. This is not a pleasant scent any time of day, let alone when you're trying to make raspberry scones.
C. If you don't use fresh lemon juice when making scones, you're cheating the scone system.
D. It's within reason to make the scones into piles/ circles on a flat surface. However, making them a coherent shape and transferring them to a baking sheet borders impossible.

We baked the scones and they weren't bad. They tasted lovely. They looked ridiculous. Thus we gave the experience the title: "The Great Scone Disaster of 2010," although looking back, that's probably overkill.

On Friday Jen and I bundled ourselves and walked to Target and Ross. It was extraordinarily pleasant. I bought a polka-dotted dress, some mugs and some easter egg yellow tights. Never know when you're gonna need those.

The snow was abundant this weekend, well, beginning Saturday. It gave me an excuse to stay in, which was rather nice. Spent quite a bit of quiet time. Spending that much time on your own can be very productive and totally mentally exhausting. Perhaps that's why I'm tired today.

No comments:

Post a Comment