Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just spoke with my bestie, Beth, for about two hours.

I love what she said about life, summed up in a few words... that life is difficult, but not bad. not impossible.

for despite the circumstances of broken hearts, strings of questions, uncertainties and frustration, there's one constant that keeps us going. so things are difficult, but not impossible.

I'm terrible, terrible with exact phrasings and references, but there's a verse in Psalms where David says (something to the extent of), "I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living." And that is not a hope of a future in heaven. That is a hope of life.

I love you, Beth. My heart is homesick for yours.

2 comments:

  1. I do love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna get rich and buy us both lots of plane tickets so visiting becomes a normal thing.

    ReplyDelete