Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spears Meets Office

I haven't posted in a week???

Clearly there's something wrong. Or maybe I've just been busy. That's probably it.

I had a scone this morning. I believe I will change the name to "calorie cake."

Speaking of calorie-laden delicacies, there are these cookies in Colorado Springs that may just be my favorite thing ever. My mom used to bring them home on special occasions. They had these airbrushed designs atop a layer of the best icing I've ever had. They are compliments of a bakery called Bread Heads. Baha. I love puns. Anyway, I went to this bakery, which is basically in the ghetto of town last week in hunt of these lovely cookies, and yet, they were out. OUT! Like 20 minutes out of my way, and they were out. I'll be calling before I go next time.

Holy moly. I am a little tired. I went to bed at 11:15 and got up at six. I had a lot to do before 8:30. I might just fall asleep at my desk.

I purchased a headset this week. So now when I'm on the phone I look like Britney Spears meets office girl. Kinda funny, kinda disconcerting.

Today I am the ultimate messy editor. Three starbucks cups on my desk. One coffee mug. One starbucks water bottle. Sticky notes galore. Legal pads splayed across the desk. Books to review. Pens awry.

My latest love: Sharpie PENS. They don't bleed through and they are WONDERFUL. I want some. I only have three black ones that I bought two weeks ago, and I've lost 2/3.

It was a good week at work. I'm thankful. Thankful for a lot of things this week. Thankful that my identity isn't based on anything except Jesus. What a nightmare if it wasn't.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if my previous comment had posted...but I did comment on your love for sharpies has been around for a while my friend. You got me hooked on them! I love em! I have so many now that I use for art, for well everything that I can. ;) I'm glad you are redisovering the love. ;)

    ReplyDelete