Thursday, October 21, 2010

25

Holy Moly.

I don't think I've ever done so much before 9 a.m. on this job in my entire life before today. This "doing so much" has included running around my office, editing about 93798327423 stories (well, not that many. I wish there were that many) and fixing a million mistakes.

"Your mailbox is more than 80 percent full. Please delete unwanted messages." I have no time for such nonsense!

I had a melt-down yesterday. As in, it's deadline day and I don't get to work until 1 p.m. It was a near-disaster. But somehow... I survived.

I think I'm going to make the switch. I actually need a smart phone. I hate saying that and every inch of me cringes at the thought. But I'd rather a smart phone than forgetting appointments like I did yesterday. Not a good idea. It's also not a good idea to spend all kinds of money I don't have on a smart phone. But weighing my options... I'd almost rather spend the money than screw up my job.

It's election season. I'm so sick of political ads that I want to puke. Seriously. Good thing for a new Joshua Radin CD that allows me to escape the stupid radio advertisements that say people are trying to KILL US ALL!!!

Oh, and I'm going to see The Weepies this weekend. I'm beaming with joy. :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sa2HoXpsE

I'm going to buy a shirt. I hope they're selling their vinyl of the latest CD.

I've been listening to records on my turn table like crazy. Bon Iver on Vinyl is a gift from God. Wow.

I'll be 25 in a few weeks. I don't really like that... It sounds old. As the weepies say... 'the world spins madly on...' I suppose it's true. And I don't really like that, either. They also say 'you can't go back now...' And I don't really like that, either.

I'm 25. I'm very Young Life. Very career. Very Grad School. Don't feel very grown up, even still. I don't even know what 'grown-up' means. My parents say they don't know what it is. And you guessed it- I don't really like that, either.

How does one celebrate their 25th? No idea. Not even sure if I want to. It's the last year my grandpa will "give" me money. I might go wild at Urban Outfitters. Which means I'll probably be able to buy one thing. Or maybe I'll buy 20 pumpkin spice lattes. Or 10 new releases at Best Buy. Or 5 records. So many options. And my grandpa's dead. I hate that. Hate it. Hate it.

I'm so lost in my thoughts these days.

This fall is such a season of loss. Loss of age. Major loss of time. Loss of my last grandparent. Loss of summer. Loss of money (thank you grad school). Just... loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment