Thursday, October 28, 2010

nov. 2

MMk. Disclaimer: On Nov. 2, I will have an election party. Not because I'm excited about who won or didn't, but because I'll be so stinking happy that the elections are OVER.

Regardless, here are the really important issues/ candidates, in my humble, months-of-researched opinion-

The BIGGEST ONE:

No on 60, 61 and 101.

They're going to kill our government, our schools, our roads, our teachers, and about 77,000 jobs. Literally. The authors of these "ugly three" say that we have a bloated CO economy (???) and that we need to make due with what we have. I'm sorry, but seeing the public schools as they are, I'd rather not have my kids in a class of 50 when they're in 3rd grade.
Our streets are bad enough. I'd like to see some of those pot holes fixed before I spend money getting new tires. People are honestly going to move away once this 'voter inflicted recession' hits. That's the last thing CO needs, for anyone, in any line of work. The spiral effects of this will be obscene and horrible. And yeah, maybe CO has done some stupid stuff in the past when it comes to money. At this point, it just doesn't matter. You can't try to fix something when it's this far down the crapper.


No on 1A.

Keep marijuana out of the neighborhoods and regulated.
Medical marijuana has been legal since 2000. Surprised? I was, too. I'd rather have regulated marijuana stores selling to those with prescriptions than have my neighbor dealing and pushing up the crime rate. And yes, some people are money grubbing jerks that want to sell mmj (medical marijuana) for profit and probably sell to kids. That's happening anyway. Maybe this one is the lesser of two evils, but I'm okay with people using an organic plant to help with pain. Read some stories about success. We let people scarf percocet and vicodin. This is another opiate that won't destroy your liver...


Yes on Prop. 300.

Strong Mayor is a good idea.
We don't vote on a mayor until April, so picking a candidate is not an issue right now. But 300 will give our mayor a full-time job. It comes as a surprise to many- right now we DON'T have a full-time mayor. Granted, we're going to have to be VERY careful come April- this mayor will have some major responsibilities- but it could hopefully restore some trust in city government, when, let's face it- there really isn't any.


Vote Tancredo (solid endorsements). Karen Cullen (total straight shooter) if she's in your district. Wayne Williams for County Clerk and Commissioner. Vote Maketa for sheriff.

Let me know if I've missed anyone and I'll fill you in with what I know. Make sure you know where you're voting (as in actual location) and what district you represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment