Thursday, September 3, 2009

caramel canons and aging

Today is Thursday.

This means that, ideally, I should be working frantically on deadline-type things, but I'd rather post a semi-meaningless note instead.

Besides, I've already done most of my Thursday work, except getting stuff together for next week. Rats. I like writing and I like editing, but when it comes to brainstorming about ideas, I'd rather hire someone to do it.

Thursday is my coffee day. I try to leave early enough so that I can get my frou frou coffee and then get to the office by 7:30. I think that's happened about once in my entire work experience.

I snag a "Caramel Canon" (not canon like a blast of caramel in your mouth- canon, but instead a "look at how deep that canon is) from Cheyenne Coffee Company. Every week I get coffee from Iza (I think that's how you spell her name)... and when she's not there I know my Caramel Canon is going to be gross. For $5.50, it'd better not be gross.

Rachel's getting married in 3 days. Holy mother of all things holy. Good grief. Wow. Ridiculous. Amazing. Scary. I want to know when I got old enough for one of my oldest (not like she's 99) friends to enter into the state of weddage. Sometimes 23 feels very young.

This weekend's going to be a crazy one. But I get to help Rachel get married. :) And what a beautiful thing. Plus, my bridesmaid dress is pretty rad, so I can't complain about that.

I need to write a toast. I've been talking about this toast with her for years. Literally. Sometimes it was a joke and sometimes it was serious. But in three days I'll stand up there in front of a hundred people and tell them why I love that girl. Damn. You talk about something for years and then it's aaaaall happening. So this is grown-up land. Wish it was more like candy land.

Got the results back from my first practice test and I BOMBED it. Left me a wee bit, or a lot bit, confused. My timeline just received a severe adjustment. But I'm okay with that... at least at this moment. I'm thankful that Jesus knows what he's doing, because I sure as hell do not.

My office is FINALLY coming together. The vintage-ness is starting to blend with marvelous quality, even though this whole decorating thing has cost me a shit load of money. But hey, if I'll be spending 8 hours a day in here for the next two years, I'm going to enjoy it.

Craig's List is weird. I went to go get some chairs a couple days ago and A. there was no one home. B. the lawn was overrun with weeds. C. there was a beehive attached to the house that looked like it weighs about 15 pounds (genuinely freaky) and there wasn't a single light on. Needless to say, I won't be picking up any furniture alone in the future. Yikes. It felt a little horror movie-ish. Or maybe one of those cell phone commercials where it's supposed to look like a horror movie.

I need to get back to my caramel canon. I also have a couple highlighters that need to be put back and a desk that's, well, messier than I want to admit.

And it's almost fall. There's a bittersweet symphony when the leaves fall. But I do love seeing the reds and the oranges and wearing long sleeves.



No comments:

Post a Comment