Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today is not the happiest of days.

I woke up at 6 a.m. (after 5 hours of sleep). Now that part I can't complain about. There's a rather amazing boy in the picture but he lives, oh, ten hours away, so phone is as good as it gets. Rats.

Then I got to work at 7:30, scrambled to get my papers to my boss on time and had one of the office girls look at me and say, "You don't like your job very much, do you?" She followed it up with some comments about how I need to be planned two weeks out, and that she's sure that doing stories like this would bore just about any normal person to death. GREAT.

I almost cried. Maybe because I'm tired. Maybe because I felt horribly accused. I do like my job, even if I don't work every minute of my 40 hours/ week.

Oh my word. I am so tired.

I have to go to a meeting in about 15 minutes and I'd almost put money on it that I'm going to fall asleep. I had coffee for breakfast. It's not doing much for me.

I got my hair cut yesterday. It looks good. I like it. And it cost $12. Works for me!

So Ben- the boy I can't seem to stop talking to until obscene hours of the morning- gave me some valuable perspective via text message this morning. He talked about letting today go and thinking more about where we want to go, rather than just running away from our problems. It was a much needed slap in the face. But he was gracious about it. Honestly kind. It changed my day almost instantly. Sigh.

Maybe my work day isn't the best and I'm pissed at my co-workers, I'm exhausted and I'm starving. But my friends love me, my house is wonderful, I adore my YL kids, my hair looks better and I won't be here forever, and I am loved by Jesus to an extent that I can't even begin to comprehend. And Ben's around. :)

Today doesn't look so bad anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment