Thursday, September 17, 2009

i'll make it a good day. so there.

Hap-hap-happy Thursday.

I'm quite excited that the pain from my concussion has subsided.

WHAT HAPPENED?!?! Well.

I'm involved with a group called Young Life here in COS and Monday we decided to snag a giant, 50-foot tarp from Home Depot and create a slip and slide... We covered it with dish soap and watched kids flip and fling down the hill. Oh those high schoolers. If only I still had that flexibility. Good grief. I sound 95.

Anyhow, I decided that this would be a fun project, also, and gave it my best shot. Yet, instead of slipping and landing on my ass like everybody else, I managed to slip, fall backwards, hit my head and have it bounce off the ground, only to fall backwards again (which gave me a concussion and whiplash).

I took Tuesday off work and slept the entire day. And yesterday I had a migraine all day. Sigh. Honestly, though, I'm quite glad it was me and not a kid that fell prey to the dangers of slip and slide-dom.

But my neck hurts. I need a chiropractor and a break (no pun intended. baha.) from life. Wouldn't that be lovely...

I have all my prints prepped for my office. I'm honestly stoked. Now they just need to find happy homes on the wall and I'll be set. If I'm going to be spending the next couple (or more :/ ) years in this office, it's going to look good. I splurged and spent $130 on an antique lamp a couple weeks ago, which was probably a considerably bad idea considering that I now have $40.

Tomorrow is pay day. I get to pay off my car bills and my medical bills. (Insert SUBSTANTIAL sigh of relief here). Granted, I'll still have about $40 when it's all over. Ha.

What I'd really like to do is take a nap in my new chaise lounge. But I think it needs to be febreezed before I do any serious napping.

Time to answer the boss' questions about all my mistakes (sigh :) ) and go to walmart and get some velcro strips for all my new pictures. oh it's going to be a good day. because i'll make it a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment