Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm having a hard time believing it's already October.

September was actually good this year... for the first time in... 3 years? 4 years?

Septembers in my life have a history of being dismal. I'm so glad this one's over. It's not that I can pinpoint exactly what changed... Maybe it's that I'm back in Colorado, or I have a house, or my friends are lovely, or Young Life, or a solid job, or caramel canons on Thursday mornings or my wonderful black leather driving gloves, or just Jesus in my life changing things, ripping things out of my life and scraping out the junk. And it hurts like hell. And it's freeing.

It's getting colder. Today I'm wearing the scarf my sister bought me while she was in Ireland. I would like to go there with her. I'd like to visit outside the country anyway. Don't know why my mind is other places...

I think Colorado autumns might be perfect if not for the wind.

This weekend is supposed to be cold. I wish it was easy to enjoy Colorado winter stars without being so cold that I almost can't stand it.

Ben's coming this weekend. Not sure what we're gonna do but I hope we'll have a good time.

I want to commemorate this day. I think I shall do that by leaving early and taking a nap. Maybe a pumpkin spice latte and driving downtown and looking at the trees. Maybe a walk through Monument Valley Park.

I can't think of anything funny to say.


1 comment: