Friday, July 9, 2010

First Day

Today I'm a kid on their first day of school.

I have a relative idea of what's going to happen. Granted, I don't know where I'm going to sit or how many of my friends will be in homeroom, but those are just details.

I picked out what to wear days ago, naturally.

But what if the other kids think I'm dressed weird? What if all of the other girls burst into these blobs of unfathomable beauty over the summer and I still look like I'm a 5th grader?

What if no one talks to me?
---

And then, what if it's the best day of my recent life?

What if the new boy is a total hottie and the seating chart was a gift from above?

What if I'm the one that turned into a blob of unfathomable beauty?


At the end of the day I'll go home and marinate in my day-good or bad. If it's bad, I'll cry, tell my mom and go to sleep. Then I'll get up and hope for a different tomorrow. But if it's a good day, I'll cry that it's over, tell my mom and get up and hope for an even better tomorrow.

I think that this "first day" is going to be a good thing.

But I hope nobody can tell that my heart's racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment