Tuesday, July 27, 2010

truth in writing, once again...

500 Days of Summer. 500 Days of Maren, more like it...


_____
Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you.

_____
Summer: Well, you know, I guess it's 'cause I was sitting in a deli and reading Dorian Gray and a guy comes up to me and asks me about it and... now he's my husband.
Tom: Yeah. And... so?
Summer: So, what if I'd gone to the movies? What if I had gone somewhere else for lunch? What if I'd gotten there 10 minutes later? It was - it was meant to be. And... I just kept thinking... Tom was right.
Tom: No.
Summer: Yeah, I did.
Summer: I did. It just wasn't me that you were right about.


_____
Tom: What happened? Why - why didn't they work out?
Summer: What always happens. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment