Friday, January 15, 2010

Perhaps Lofty

I've done it again. I've purchased a coffee every day this week. Clearly I'm on a money-burning venture, although that is not even slightly the plan (at least not consciously).

This whole Haiti situation makes my heart sick. A man whose kids I used to sit for, who is also a member of my church and a family friend, was over there, staying at the major hotel, when everything collapsed. I'm scared. Ugh. I can't even imagine what his wife and his little boys are doing. What a horrible week. No one has heard anything.

I have been sick for, almost, two weeks. It makes me want to scream. I started taking Vicodin again because it hurts so much to cough. Strange thing, though... it keeps me awake at night. So boo on that.

I'M GETTING A CAR TODAY!!!!!!!!! But seriously the nit-picky, time-sucking, sales-pitches and extra, silent dollars have come to become a serious pain in my ass. I want to be done with the whole thing. Hopefully that happens tonight.

I finished a journal yesterday. All however-many-pages of it. It's the first one I've ever finished. Usually I'd finish them after a relationship ended and I didn't want to write in that journal anymore or I found one I liked better... but I finished this one. Kindof my first "book" in a way. I looked through it briefly and kept finding themes probably relevant to any mid 20-year-old. The thing that made me smile, and made me hurt a touch, was the recurrence of names. Sigh. Some things simply do not work out, and for reasons I do not understand.

Had coffee with a brilliant high-schooler yesterday. We talked much about magnetism between two people. How even if it's there, sometimes it's not for the best. Sometimes what feels like magnetism can actually be just an incredible amount of tension. But two negative sides of a magnet can't stick together. It'll never work.

I got the stand-up clock that I've wanted for months today. It was 60% off... It was time. Granted, it was still a taaad expensive, but I'd been saving for it, so I'm okay with that decision.

Now to only put up the other framed poster, get some light bulbs and get some batteries and FREAKING OFFICE CHAIRS and I'm good to go. Ha. The office can never be "perfect," but I can try in small ways.

Law school's been bumped to the back burner. Not that it's an absolute no... but other things have come to my attention that seem a little more, oh, in line perhaps with the future of me.

We'll see. I'm glad HE knows. Now if I can become a little more, or a lot more, in tune with what He already knows and I'm trying to know... maybe my plans can align with that perfect will. Perhaps lofty. And yet not. There is always much to be learned.

I need some help naming the new vehicle. So far, all I have is Pherb. I like it, but I'm not in LOVE with it... Maybe it just needs to grow on me. If you have flashes of brilliance, let me know.

So the song "Need You Now" used to be one of my favorite country songs. Now it just makes me freaking sad. I hate it when relationships have that power over music. Maybe I hate it that I give relationships the power to f-up songs. Especially when you're an obscene music lover... Sigh.

I'm a woman. What can I say?

Happy weekend, kiddos.



No comments:

Post a Comment