Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To Wait

To wait for the unknown is the most difficult thing I've ever had to do, in many circumstances.

In this one, we wait for the rescue of David Hames, a contractor that was working with Compassion on a trip to Haiti and filming a documentary about orphans. He was trapped in the lobby of Hotel Montana when it collapsed.

I think my heart collapsed along with it. I love that family. I love David, his wife Renee, and their two boys. I range between tears and prayers, one filling in for the other when I've offered all I have.

I trust a sovereign Lord, even as the heart aches and burns. I would never ask for prayers for me, but only for a swift rescue for David. Jesus, return him to us. I will knock on that door a million times along with the thousands of prayers across the world for this man. Rescue him, please. With all that I have- my tears, my prayers, my time, my lack of sleep- whatever small part I may play, I can only beg and cry to you for the rescue of the entire Hames family.

No comments:

Post a Comment